During the Day

May 1, 2017

“Where the past is always present” — that is such a simple, but, significant statement. It emphasizes how one can do great things during their life and show the present generation how they got there. This statement is the Patchogue-Medford’s Hall of Fame Booster Club’s slogan. Friday, April 28th, this organization truly showed how the past could be brought into the present at their annual Pat-Med Hall of Fame ceremony. This year’s inductees from actor, Paul Regina to the 1997 LI Football Championship team were truly inspiring.

Before the evening ceremony, many of the inductees or their representing families came to talk to students at the Pat-Med High School during the day to tell the stories of how they accomplished the various successes in their lives or the lives of their loved ones. Being able to watch these people passionately talk about their accomplishments and how it all started here was incredible. I was able to walk the Regina family around the high school; Nicolette Regina, Paul’s daughter, fondly remembered the memories that both she and her father shared as Pat-Med alumni. It was such a fascinating thing to see as the day progressed. There were other mentors that shared their stories with our students including:  C.J. Funaro, grandson of Frank Provenzano; Sam Stahlman, volunteer coach for 1997 football team; and many more.