G.O. Hosts “Breakfast With Santa”

Students and faculty gather at Applebee’s for annual holiday fundraiser

Photo by Amy Cunningham

PMHS volunteers pose for a photo with Santa at annual fundraiser.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The holidays are approaching and people are filled with that familiar seasonal spirit. Around this time of year, many are reminded of their blessings and give special thanks for what they are grateful for. What better time, then, to show this gratitude by helping those in need and working together as a community?

On December 10, 2016, multiple Patchogue-Medford high school students lent their time and effort at the General Organization’s “Breakfast with Santa” fundraiser. At Applebee’s in Patchogue, doors opened at 9am for families who were both hungry and excited to take pictures with Santa and enjoy a delightful breakfast all in one morning. Students helped set up silverware, seat guests and began taking orders. As guests finished their breakfast and patiently waited to have their picture taken with the man of the hour, students shared their talents by providing joyful music and ensuring that all guests were entertained.

The event was a wonderful and creative idea to raise funds while spreading some holiday cheer. This breakfast was a shining example of the efforts put forth by our school and the unity of the Patchogue-Medford community as a whole. There is no doubt that those who set aside the time to take part in this fun-filled morning at Applebee’s are guaranteed a spot on Santa’s “Nice List”.