The Results Are In…

October 24, 2019

Senior class placed first in everything but class shirts. Overall seniors won first, sophomores earned second, juniors placed third, and freshman received forth. Congrats to class of 2020 for having such a successful day and to ALL classes for their hard work and dedication.

Another one of Patchogue Medford traditions is homecoming courts and this year a great group of students were chosen by teachers to be nominated. Then, the student body has an opportunity to vote who they think are most deserving of the homecoming title for their grade. The nominees walk out at halftime and the winners get crowned in front of the bleachers.

This year’s Lord and Lady are Colin Dolan and Paige Driscoll, the Duke and Duchess are Ryan and Ava Saper, and the Prince and Princess are Alex Albert and Ava Kremer. Finally, homecoming queen is Sarah Emr who has won the homecoming title for the class of 2020 for the past 4 years and homecoming King was P.J. Osheske who has won the title for three years. 

Sarah Emr, Homecoming Queen said, “It’s truly an honor and I’ve come full circle. I always thought it would just keep going but sadly this is the end,” and Homecoming King, P.J. Osheske said “Float week is one of the most intense weeks of the year but over the last 4 years I’ve been able to meet people and become friends with people I’d never be friends with.” 

My greatest advice to anyone who goes to Pat Med is to get involved in homecoming. As cheesy and cliche as it is, there really isn’t anything else like it. I can look back on all my years in homecoming and be able to see how much I’ve changed throughout them; I still get teased about my embarrassing part in the freshman skit. It’s sad to think this is the last time my classmates and I will ever get to be apart of something like this. For one week, the most stressful thing going on in our lives is trying to get first place in our towns spirit competition. Cherish it now because nothing will be this simple and sweet after high school. 

Homecoming Results

Bulletin Board

4th place- Juniors 

3rd place- Freshman

2nd place- Sophomores 

1st place- Seniors

Class shirts 

4th place- Freshman

3rd place- Sophomores 

2nd place- Seniors 

1st place- Juniors 

Skit 

4th place- Freshman

3rd place- Sophomores 

2nd place- Juniors

1st place- Seniors 

Bulletin Board

4th place- Juniors 

3rd place- Freshman

2nd place- Sophomores 

1st place- Seniors 

Overall winners

4th place- Freshman

3rd place- Juniors

2nd place- Sophomores 

1st place- Seniors