Meet the Grade 9 Admin Team

Assistant Principal, Mr. Robinson and Grade 9 Dean, Mr. Walsh

The Red and Black recently sat down with the Grade 9 administration team of Assistant Principal, Mr. Robinson
and Mr. Walsh, the Freshman Class Dean.

R&B: What are you excited about for this year?
Mr. Robinson: I’m excited to go back to a normal school year and see our students excited about learning, school spirit, and academics.

Mr. Walsh: This year, I’m working with the 9th graders. Last year I was working with the Seniors, so it’s been exciting to meet our incoming students. I’m looking forward to getting to know them by building positive relationships and hopefully getting them off on the right track.

R&B: What are some of the biggest challenges you face as an administrative team?

Mr. Robinson: As a part of the administrative team at Patchogue-Medford, we make sure to always solve our problems and work as a team.

Mr. Walsh: The biggest challenge as an administrator is getting students to really care about academics and their futures. I feel like some students don’t realize all the options we have here, like taking a CTE class.

R&B: Where did you work before coming to Pat-Med?

Mr. Robinson: I worked at William Floyd High School as a Spanish teacher, and in New York City as a bilingual teacher. I taught Global and US History, ENL, and Spanish.

Mr. Walsh: I was in education for a while both here at Pat-Med and also at William Floyd. Before that, I ran operations at a technology company for about ten years, and I also owned a restaurant called Ribeye Brother’s Cheesesteaks as well!

R&B: What is your favorite part about working here at Patchogue-Medford?

Mr. Robinson: I love the community and the strong school spirit. We have awesome students, teachers, and a great administrative team.

Mr. Walsh: My favorite thing about working here is the positive relationships with our students.

R&B: What are some of your hobbies/interests outside of school?

Mr. Robinson: I love spending time with my family, I love soccer and lacrosse, I’ve coached both. I also enjoy traveling and learning about different cultures.

Mr. Walsh: I love boating and the outdoors and hanging out with my family. I have an 8-year-old son and a 10-year-old daughter, so a lot of my time outside of school is spent with them.