PMHS Girls Varsity Basketball Season

The+Girls+Varsity+Basketball+team+are+bringing+the+intensity+back+to+the+court+as+they+look+to+return+to+the+playoffs.+
Photo by Galilea Rosas
The Girls Varsity Basketball team are bringing the intensity back to the court as they look to return to the playoffs.

Our Girls Varsity Basketball team was amazing last year. This year, the girls hope to show everyone what they’ve really got. 

They have started their season with a 4 and 1 record with the December 14th win over Central Islip with a score of 62-38.

Going into this season after such a strong end to last year’s brings everyone’s hopes up higher. 

Coach Gallagher pushes them hard during practice to show the girls can handle any hard work that comes their way. 

So, what do the girls on the team think this season will bring them?

With the new team and new surroundings, Jaidyn Allen told us what she thinks this season is going to look like. 

“I think the season is going to be better this year because we have such high hopes for each other to grow as a team and go even farther and rise above the other teams in our league. The seniors and the underclassmen can be supported by our coaches, teammates and RGB families to help us reach our goals and dreams to keep the great season going in the years to come for raider girls’ basketball!!” 

Based on all their trust and high hopes for each other, this is what makes the team even stronger. 

As they are very strong in connecting well with each other and making the season very fun, they sure do know how to entertain a crowd. 

Last year making playoffs was a very big accomplishment, Alexis Bulson-Cuozzo shared one thing she wants the team to accomplish this year:

“One thing I want the team to accomplish this season is making it to playoffs again and getting a home game the first round.” 

Having trust in each other and having such a strong connection with each other just shows that this year they can improve and make it even further with all their confidence in one another. 

Having such a big support group will definitely help the girls play knowing we are showing spirit for them. 

With all the time and effort they put into practicing, show some support at their games.