Most Anticipated Books of March

+New+books+are+released+every+month%2C+but+these+books+are+some+of+the+most+anticipated.
Photo by Allyson McGowan
New books are released every month, but these books are some of the most anticipated.

These books are some of the most highly anticipated books to be released in March. Whether it be a cute romance or a small-town murder mystery, this list has a book for every reader to add to their to-be-read list.

The Prisoner’s Throne – Holly Black

Publication date: March 5th

“An imprisoned prince. A vengeful queen. And a battle that will determine the future of Elfhame.”

The Prisoner’s Throne is the highly anticipated conclusion in the New York Times #1 bestselling duology, The Stolen Heir. Taking place in the fantasy world of Elfhame, the main character, Prince Oak, needs to make a hard decision between the girl he loves and his people. The Prisoner’s Throne is a combination of young adult political fantasy and romance that features blood-soaking battles and heartwrenching romance.

The Poisons We Drink – Bethany Baptiste

Publication date: March 5th

The Poisons We Drink is a debut young adult fantasy novel about a teenage witch who specializes in brewing illegal love potions in the corrupted underbelly of Washington D.C. Not to mention, Venus, the main character, has a dark, sentient magic within her that begins to blur the lines between magic and power, making her unable to tell who she can trust.

Anita de Monte Laughs Last – Xóchitl González

Publication date: March 5th

Anita de Monte Laughs Last is a parallel novel told from the perspectives of two different women from two time periods, Anita de Monte and Raquel. Both women are minorities and rising art students who are romantically involved with an older, wealthier student. However, Anita de Monte was murdered over a decade before and forgotten about until Raquel stumbles across her story.

Listen for the Lie – Amy Tintera

Publication date: March 5th

“What if you thought you murdered your best friend? And if everyone else thought so too? And what if the truth doesn’t matter?”

Listen to the Lie is about a girl, Lucy, who has no memory of the night she was found covered in her best friend Savvy’s blood. Despite claiming to never set foot in that small Texas town again, Lucy returns to help true crime podcaster Ben Owens as he investigates Savvy’s murder for his show. However, Lucy still can’t remember that night, or if she was the killer or not.

Expiration Dates – Rebecca Serle

Publication date: March 19th

Expiration Dates is a romance novel where Daphne Bell receives a slip of paper each time she meets a new man. On this piece of paper is the exact amount of time Daphne and the man will be together. Looking for the paper without an expiration date, Daphne finds Jake on a blind date. However, she needs to learn what it means to be committed to a relationship and debate the truth of the paper’s prediction.

Cancelled – Farrah Penn

Publication date: March 19th

Cancelled is a story that follows high schooler Brynn Whittaker as she takes on a school-wide scandal involving herself and her former best friend’s boyfriend after a video goes viral from a party at the beginning of the school year. With her group of supportive friends, Brynn must battle misogynistic double standards and risk losing everything she’s worked so hard for.

This poll has ended.

Which book are you excited to read?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.