Support the Varsity Cheer Team at the Nationals Sendoff

PMHS+Cheer+Team+celebrated+their+bid+to+nationals+with+a+sendoff+performance+in+the+West+Gym.+

Photo by Julian Frey

PMHS Cheer Team celebrated their bid to nationals with a sendoff performance in the West Gym.

Patchogue-Medford High School is proud to announce that our Varsity Cheerleading Team will be competing in the UCA Nationals Competition held at the Walt Disney World Resort! According to Varsity Spirit, this is the “most prestigious high school national championship in the country.  

The student athletes and the coaches have worked extraordinarily hard to earn this opportunity, and they are hoping for the community’s support at the Nationals Sendoff event on February 8th before they head off to the competition. 

According to Mr. Cracco, the Athletic Director, this event is an “opportunity to showcase the Varsity Cheerleading Team and the routines they have prepared for the UCA Nationals Competition.” This event will focus on the team’s impressive acrobatic abilities and essentially “serve as a dress rehearsal” for the team. This event will also include performances by the JROTC Color Guard and the Junior Varsity Cheerleading Team. Additionally, there will be raffle tickets and snacks sold during the event. 

The Nationals Sendoff will be held at 6:00 pm in the High School’s West Gym on Wednesday, February 8th. Don’t miss this opportunity to support the Varsity Team as they “take the mat one last time.”