Tis The Season for Games!

Raider Bowl will take place Thursday, September 28th
The+Class+of+2024+showing+off+their+amazing+spelling+skills+from+the+stands.+They+are+ready+to+take+on+Raider+Bowl+as+seniors+this+year.+
Photo by Kristin Carlson
The Class of 2024 showing off their amazing spelling skills from the stands. They are ready to take on Raider Bowl as seniors this year.

School news is always the biggest thing going around in the halls of high school.

Do you know the biggest talk right now is? Raider Bowl!

As it slowly approaches us, everyone is getting riled up for it. The seniors have finally made it to their last year, and it’s their time to shine running out into the games to hype everyone up.

Many of the Pat Med students love Raider Bowl. But what is Raider Bowl?

“Raider Bowl is like a high school field day; it’s the kickoff to homecoming night” explained Mr. Sweeney.

Raider Bowl has actually been around for about twenty-five to thirty years. Around 1993, a former gym teacher, Mr. Pesce, started the tradition and when he retired, Mr. Sweeney took it over, to continue the tradition today.

What is this event?  The students of Pat-Med take it as a competition between upper and lower classmates.

Mr. Sweeney reported that “Tug of war is the most popular game.”

Most of the students love the tug of war to see which class is the strongest but there’re are many more games such as, the obstacle course, volleyball matches, and the potato sack race.

Many students are excited for tonight’s big event.

“I’m excited but also sad because it’s my final year” is the most common response from seniors.

“It’s more of a bittersweet moment, I loved doing it every year,” shared Damiano Scuteri.

But some seniors are all out excited. “I’m excited to win, if we don’t, that’s just an embarrassing, for our class” added senior Sadie Wisniewski.

Raider Bowl isn’t just for the students;  it also includes the teachers.

Mrs. Scalfani, the freshman advisor for this year is excited to be co-advising the Class of 2027.

“I’m anxious and excited to have fun and be loud, but not so sure about the adviser challenge.” she states.

Raider Bowl will be held this year in the West Gym — indoors for the first time in three years due to COVID restrictions that are now no longer in place.

Are you ready for the battle of the classes?

What grade do you think will come out on top? Will it be the Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors?

Only one way to find out — let the games begin!