Suggestions to Help You FALL Into the Season!

How you can make the most of autumn
Photo by Jennifer Quistian
Mrs. Most is a wonderful and enthusiastic teacher whose classroom brings up the seasonal spirit as soon as you step foot in the d

From the leaves changing to Trick or Treat; you know that fall is finally here.

How could you not be excited, because honestly, what is there not to love about a season where you can bundle up with a good cup of pumpkin spice… ANYTHING!

Fall is always stacked with opportunities to spend time with friends, family, and even by yourself.

One of these opportunities includes some “just me” time, recommended by 12th Grade student, Emma Blakeley. When presented with the question; what’s your favorite things to do in the fall, she joyously said, “I like to take a walk around my neighborhood and look at the pretty trees!”

Some of the greatest joys in life come from the simplicity found in chaos, and winding down a day with a walk of beauty and vibrancy is perfect, especially when you need a fresh breeze! Great thinking, Emma!

The next suggestion is more hands on and can end up with burnt baked goods, or at least for me…

Personally, I would rather bake alone because my special talent is burning everything that goes into the oven…but keeping that between us. So, if baking alone isn’t the answer, why not share the experience with someone else!

There are many sweets associated with autumn. These include all types of pies (pumpkin, pecan, sweet potato etc…), flavored or solely decorated cupcakes -because sometimes that “fall flavor” is just too much- and of course, the variety of cookies!

Baking is one of those activities that can get messy but is tons of fun when you have friends to get messy with, so it should be on your fall to-do list!

Then, there are the decorations that really bring out the wow factor during this time of year.

There are pumpkins, candles, decorative leaves and so much more that you can use to make your own fall wonderland.

With all that time and effort, there’s no better reward than having others enjoy your vibrant vision.

Mrs. Most, a Patchogue-Medford High School science teacher, shared her thoughts about her favorite part in decorating her classroom for the fall, she said it’s “when the students say they like it” because she decorates specifically “for the students…to make them happy” which in turn, gives her a much-deserved sense of “pride in the classroom.”

Mrs. Most allows her excitement for the new season to flow throughout her classroom, showing how fun decorations can make a sour day turn sweet. Especially with the warm orange lights that create an ambient glow, like that of a Jacko Lanter. You just gotten see it to believe it. So, if you do get a chance to stop by room 168, don’t be hesitant to stop in and say wow!

And of course, we cannot forget all the HALLOWEEN ACTIVITES!

There are the haunted houses that make you scream, like the local ones that pop up annually, including the Gateway Haunted Playhouse in Bellport that is definitely worth a visit.

There is also pumpkin painting and carving, with plenty of inspiration to be found online.

The classic movies that scare you out of your seat, and silly costume parties, which are all reasons why Halloween is frighteningly fun.

Nothing is better than going out and spending time with your loved ones because at the end of the day, this month is filled with bond creating opportunities, and you should take advantage of them.

View Comments (1)