#10: Isabelle Baginski

Photo by A. Mckeough

Isabelle Baginski, Class of 2022 Top Ten.

Sarah Terletsky, Staff Writer

Q: Do you have advice for other students who are working toward the Top Ten?

A: I would say the most important thing is consistency. It can get difficult to keep yourself disciplined, but you need to be willing to put in the work especially if you’re shooting for Top 10.

Q: Choose one other member of the top ten and tell us something you admire about them.

A: I admire students like Samantha Horgan and Samuel Lorenzo that not only prioritize school but also put time into playing sports or performing music. From personal experience I know that making deadlines for assignments is tough, but adding in after school practices, games, and concerts makes it harder. They put in a lot of effort towards their extracurriculars, and they shouldn’t only be recognized for their grades.

Q: What are you planning to do beyond high school?

A: Career-wise I’m still unsure. However, I do plan on attending an affordable school with great resources where I can hopefully figure that out.

Q: Any special shout outs to people in your life that may have helped you on this journey?

A: I definitely need to acknowledge my mom who allowed me to pursue sports and music while also placing a priority on school. She was the one driving me to tennis practices, saxophone lessons, rehearsals, school events, etc. . During many of these car rides I’d recite my notes as a method of studying and she was always a great audience. My mom never complained about the time she’s invested and I’m thankful for her support.

Q: What’s your go-to study snack when you’re pulling an all-nighter?

A: Personally, I’ve never pulled an all-nighter. In my mind, no amount of schoolwork is worth sacrificing my health. However, you can’t go wrong with peanut butter on toast with a glass of milk.