The Red & Black Wants YOU!

We have several positions that will begin available for the 2018-2019 school year. READ MORE AND JOIN THE STAFF AT THE RED & BLACK AND RAIDER TV.

Justin Valverde and Stella Wilkins, Raider TV's current co-anchor team need to be replaced. YOU COULD BE THE NEW FACE OF RAIDER TV! Sign up in room 284/286 to audition TODAY!

Photo by Emily Cozza

Photo by Emily Cozza

Michele Sullivan and Alison Mckeough

How did we get here? We decided to take on the revitalization of our high school newspaper in September of 2016. It was an endeavor that quickly grew with momentum. The Red & Black and Raider TV have exceeded our expectations. We are quite grateful to the administration and the entire Patchogue Medford Community for being so supportive of our efforts. The people that must receive the greatest applause and gratitude are our students. We started as a small core group and continue to grow. And, that, brings us to our next point.

Where do we go from here? As the Class of 2018 begins to prepare for graduation and the next stage of their lives, so must we. The Red & Black is looking for people who would like to take the opportunity to be leaders for our organization. Additionally, we are in need of: editors ( & other leadership positions), photographers, and new columnists.

Raider TV is now holding audition sign-up for next year’s Co-Anchors! We are also in need of more field reporters, camera people, and broadcast editors.

What will you pursue? Become a part of an award winning program that celebrates the efforts and opinions of our students. We are excited for what the future will bring. Join us for the ride! See Mrs. Sullivan (Room 284) or Mrs. Mckeough (286) for information and/or questions.