• September 17Today is a 'B' day!

• September 12Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts! Icons above!

Filed under Raider Community

Bros Breaking Bread

Letting you know about our latest multimedia adventure

Matt%2C+Matt%2C+Danny%2C+Justin%2C+and+Zach+star+in+a+new+web+series+here+on+the+Red+%26+Black.+
Matt, Matt, Danny, Justin, and Zach star in a new web series here on the Red & Black.

Photo by Matt McCabe

Photo by Matt McCabe

Matt Correa

During the weekends, Patchogue becomes a picturesque town that is bustling with activity, reminiscent of upscale, downtown Manhattan. Main Street of Patchogue is a cultural hotspot with a smorgasbord of facilities, most notably, its restaurants. Anyone who has been to “Alive After Five”, the Holiday Parade, or simply took a stroll through the town would undoubtedly agree. This being said, Patchogue is a perfect location for the Red and Black’s very own, Bros Breaking Bread.

Bros Breaking Bread is the newest addition to the Red and Black’s multimedia section of the website. Matt Correa, Zach Hicks, Matt McCabe, Justin Valverde, and I (Danny Gordon) are the “bros” that will tackle the various restaurants in Patchogue, giving our honest reviews of the different types of food that we dine on. If you haven’t so already, our trailer is up for viewing on the Red and Black’s website.

As of now, we already have a lineup of some of the restaurants that we will be visiting over the next few months. The ultimate goal is to try food from a variety of distinctive cultures in order to contribute to the diversity of the video content. This being said, we plan on expanding our boundaries past Patchogue in order to encompass a broader set of restaurants from different cultures if we feel it necessary. Nevertheless we want to connect the viewers to the food reviewing process. We will be accepting any requests from our viewers if anyone has ideas as to which restaurants we should visit next, keeping in mind, it can be past the borders of Patchogue. Also we are going to have guest stars featured in our review sessions. Expect to see some familiar faces in some of our episodes.

In terms of the food reviewing itself, we plan on having a consistent format in each of our videos where we throw in a few twists here and there. In each episode, each bro will order a different item from the menu that is unique to the restaurant. After eating, and analyzing the flavors of the food, we will give our honest opinion on each food item, giving it a rating and possible recommendation. In order to add to the excitement and anticipation of the series, we will incorporate some episodes to include challenge videos that coincide with a particular theme or time of the year. Just know that each episode, while containing a reoccuring format, will remain diverse from one another.

The first episode will air sometime in late January. Expect at least one new episode each month. Bros Breaking Bread is going to be a unique new component to the already flourishing Red and Black webpage, offering humor, entertainment, and culinary information. Be sure to tune in.

About the Contributors
Danny Gordon, Staff Reporter & Field Reporter
Grade 12 “We keeping moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
Matt Correa, Co-Editor
Grade 12 “Be proud but never satisfied”
Matt McCabe, Staff Reporter & Graphic Designer
Gr. 12 “We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”